Warning: ob_start(): non-static method anchor_utils::ob_filter() should not be called statically in /home/natear/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sem-external-links/anchor-utils/anchor-utils.php on line 33

hand spindle

Learn to spin using the simple and portable hand spindle – sometimes called a drop spindle. Some variation of this method has been used from prehistoric times on every continent exept Antartica. Once you have learned on the hand spindle, it is much easier to spin on the wheel.

Rebecca will teach you either method. $25/person, $30/pair, spindle kit $15, wool included.

Enjoy and share:
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Technorati
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter
  • RSS

Related Posts

No related posts.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Rebecca July 27, 2011 at 8:34 am

how kind of you to write this to me! I too enjoyed our time together, and look forward to your return. Don’t forget that spinning lessons come with ‘tech support’ and call or email if you run into any problems. best wishes, R

CAMELIA BOARIU July 24, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Hi, Rebecca. It’s just been a few days only since we had to leave Martha’s Vineyard and we miss it so bad , already. Just wanted to say thank you for letting us share and enjoy your beautiful farm.Our kids decided in the airplane that that was the best part of our entire trip!! Cristina loves to spin !!Thank you for last Sunday, also .Loved your tee and we had a great afternoon learning to spin and chat with you. It’s been such a pleasure for all of us. You helped us build great memories and we’re really looking forward to going back. Keep in touch and let us know how the goats, pigs and chickens are doing.We’ll keep you close in our prayers and our hearts! thank you, again. Camelia , Cristina , Lucas and Chris Boariu. Florida .

Rebecca June 27, 2011 at 12:53 pm

hi, Ellie, we are open for the summer now, and I was wondering if you might like to stop by and chat, see the farm, and talk about farm tours. W-S-Sun. 10-6. (or call, if another time would be better, 645-3304) best wishes, Rebecca

maxine May 3, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Ellie,
Great!  I’m a gardener and would be interested in farm tours.
I have a few antique burlap sacks I’ve been keeping for years.
Maxine
508-687-9508

Rebecca April 26, 2011 at 1:42 pm

hey, Ellie, I just now got your message, sorry for the delay. I think a tour of different island farms would be fun, and look forward to meeting you.
do you spin? we are planning to have a shepherd’s tea on Sunday afternoons this summer, with spinners, knitters etc. etc. welcome, a dye pot of some kind going, and hopefully cookies. And tea, of course! by the end of the summer we would like to have some new friends and a palette of colors. I am particularly into dying grey wool from my oldest sheep, Tina.

Other aspects of the summer schedule are still coagulating. For tour planning, our summer open hours are Weds Sat Sun 10-6, during which time you would have to share us, or other times by appointment, during which time you would get undivided attention but generally would have to pay us something too. (barter is an option too, as always) best, R

Ellie Wetherbee April 8, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Hello!!

I am a young farmer and artist living on the island while finishing up school in Boston at SMFA.

I am very interested in fiber arts and would love to learn more.

Another island farmer and I were dreaming up starting a Vineyard farm tour this summer, as a way to see all that’s going on in the agricultural community here.  I look foreword to hearing from you!

Ellie Wetherbee